Re: Help with Pro*C core dumps :)

From: John Hough <q6y_at_ornl.gov>
Date: 1996/12/31

Maurice De Vidts NE3S wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently installed 7.3.2 and Pro*C/C++ 2.2.2 on Solaris.
> my programs seem to compile fine, and as far as the C portion
> of the house they run ok. The moment I hit an embedded SQL
> statement, it seems to core dump..
>
> I have tried a simple
> EXEC SQL INCLUDE SQLCA
>
> main
> {
>
> EXEC SQL CONNECT :user;
> }
>
> Using sample1.sql as a template, and it still core_dumps
> on the connect.
>
> Is this a library path issue related to the shared library
> runtime load > ?
>
> I would appreciate your pointers as to how to avoid this,
> and if there are specific flags I should use
> (code= , mode= in pcscfg.h) etc
>
> thanks
> Maurice De Vidts
> ceham_at_w3eax.umd.edu

Maurice:

Make sure that you are using the make provided with your oracle distribution and try again. It will make sure that all the library. It should be called proc.mk and be located in the same directory as the sample1.pc program.

If you are not using this file, try it, I think it will fix your problem.

John Hough Received on Tue Dec 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CST