Re: How to deploy Developer2000 Applications on UNIX

From: Sam Cappello <s_cappello_at_envworld.com>
Date: 1996/12/31

Bob Yeh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can someone either tell me how to deploy a developer2000 application
> (Form 45 and Report 2.5) on SUN Solaris running Server 7.2, or which
> Oracle documentation contains this information.
>
> Thnaks.
> Bob

If you install developer/2000 on the sun box and move your application over to the sun box, you should be able to recompile and run. The installation and configuration guide that comes with D2K for Sun should have all the information you need for installation. The tricky part ( for me at least) seems to be making sure that i have all the correct versions of the OS, compilers, libraries and oracle to make it install. Definitely contact your Oracle rep and/or tech support and find out all requirements before you begin.

The real fun begins if your application was written for GUI and you want to run it on character mode terminals under unix..... Received on Tue Dec 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CST