Re: Why procedure cannot see table?

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <wslun_at_qrcsun.qrc.org>
Date: 1996/12/30

Z. Martinez wrote:

> The procedure looks like this
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE
> PROCEDURE load_top_cust IS
> CURSOR top_cust_cur IS
> SELECT
> customer_id
> FROM customer_sales;
>
> top_cust_rec top_cust_cur%ROWTYPE;
>
> BEGIN /*load_top_cust*/
> OPEN top_cust_cur;
> LOOP
> . . .
> CLOSE top_cust_cur;
>
> END load_top_cust;
>
> One notable thing I'd like to mention is that the CUSTOMER_SALES table
> was created by a different user, i.e. OTHERUSER. I tried declaring it
> as OTHERUSER.customer_sales but then I cannot even compile the
> procedure.

  Do you grant the SELECT privilege to a role or a user ? If you grant it to a role that you are a role member, try to grant it directly to you.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San
Title  : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council
         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841