ODTUG Spring '97 Call for Papers

From: Jeff Jacobs <jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/12/28

                        Spring '97 Call For Papers

              Sail Into The Future . . . The Journey Continues

ODTUG invites you to submit an abstract for presentation at its spring conference June 3-6, 1997.

The ODTUG Spring '97 Conference returns to San Diego and the Catamaran Hotel. The atmosphere offered at this location was so conducive to learning and sharing information that an overwhelming number of participants recommended that we go back again.

"The combination of locale and seminar options made this a truly unforgettable experience. . ."

ODTUG's conferences have developed a reputation of being among the best Oracle user conferences in the world. Last year's spring conference received an overall rating of 4.6 on a scale of 1 to 5 -- one of the highest ratings received by an Oracle user conference.

"I expected a high level of expertise and was not disappointed."

We plan to make this year's conference a bigger success, but we need you to share your experience and knowledge in the following areas: Methodology, Designer/2000, Developer/2000, Data Warehousing, Discoverer Release 2.0, Web Generation, Sedona, and Oracle Power Objects. We are looking for presentations targeted for Oracle users of all levels: novice, intermediate, and advanced.

Give us your best and most interesting ideas for development with Oracle Tools. We want to hear about your successes and innovative techniques. Share with us what worked for you and what didn't. This can also be a benefit to you, as the entire process of abstract submission, paper preparation, and the on-site presentation increases your own awareness and knowledge base. Presenting at an ODTUG conference is a win/win situation.

As a seasoned Oracle user, your knowledge and experience is invaluable to the hundreds of Oracle users who are just embarking on the "journey" with Oracle Development Tools or need an extra "gust of wind" to continue.

Benefits for Presenting

Questions To Get You Started

Below is a series of questions that may help you decide the topic for your abstract. Please do not limit yourself to these suggestions. Remember: We are looking for real life examples, tips, tricks, and what works, and what doesn't.

Methodology

Developer/2000

Designer/2000

Data Warehousing

New Tools

How Can I Be A Presenter?

Complete the on-line form, http://www.odtug.com/cfpfrm7.shtml, with a 150-word abstract describing your paper and its relevancy to Oracle users, your short summary of your abstract plus a brief bio about yourself. This information will be included in the conference program. Your actual presentation will be one hour in length, including a question and answer period at the conclusion. Submit your abstract by January 21, 1997. If you require a paper version of the Call For Papers, please contact our office at the address below.

Upon selection of your abstract, you will be asked to submit a 6-10 page technical paper in camera-ready format by April 15, 1997, and a signed copyright transfer form, which will be sent to you. (No presentation will be scheduled before the receipt of the completed paper.) Acceptance letters will be mailed on February 13, 1997.

It is important to remember that your presentation must be technical in nature and not used for marketing purposes.

For more information, see http://www.odtug.com

 ODTUG
 2840 South College Road, Suite 151
 Wilmington, NC 28412