Help needed with simple privilege issue - question 1

From: Dwayne K. King <dwayne_at_dwayne.FreeNet.Kiev.UA>
Date: 1996/12/28

Hi all,

This is one of those damn privilege issues again, but I just can't get it through my thick skull.

I have the following code in a db trigger:

DECLARE
  temp number(3);
Begin
  temp := vic.vat_package.get_current_user_id; END; This works fine. However, without the schema qualifier, I get the infamous "identifier vat_package.get_current_user_id not declared"

I have created a PUBLIC synonym for the package, and also granted EXECUTE to PUBLIC as well. No dice.

Please drive this home once more. TIA

--
Dwayne K. King              | "I think there's a world market for about five
Computer Systems Advisor,   |  computers."  Thomas J Watson, Chairman of IBM