OCI performance

From: Randolph S. Kahle <randyk_at_seanet.com>
Date: 1996/12/28

I need to know how much performance to expect from OCI and the array interface.

I need to append (insert) a lot of short (200 byte) rows into a table. I need to be able to insert between 16 and 40 records per second. The table has no index, no contraints, etc.

Does anyone know if I can get that type of performance on a Pentium/200 class machine with 256Meg RAM using OCI's array interface?

If I can't get this performance using OCI, does anyone know if I can get this using the bulk loader?

Thanks --

Randy Kahle Received on Sat Dec 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CST