Re: Shared object libraries, where can I get them ?

From: Tsurng-Chen Chern <maxchern_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1996/12/26

If you need instant response, to reduce the code won't do any good. Since to connect to ORACLE server will takes about 10 ~ 30 seconds depends on your system configuration, probably even more if you put your database server on RAID. Because in the application you only issue request, the server still need to load the server instance every time it got a request. Probably not load, but fork another ORACLE server still very CPU bound.

So my suggestion, write a ORACLE client server which keep the connection always, and talk to your client server every time you need a quick query.

--
Max Chern, Unix Software Engineer     |  Voice: 213-644-9600
EarthLink Network, Inc.               |  Fax:   213-644-9542