Re: How to Implement Automatic Switching Between Instance with Different Instance Name

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <wslun_at_qrcsun.qrc.org>
Date: 1996/12/25

Mohamad Sabri Isa wrote:

> Currently I have two instances name with two IP addresses. If one of my
> instance is down, how can I implement an automatic switching between this
> two instance. i.e. If one of them is down, the process automatically
> switch to the other instance which is running.

  There are two alternatives. If you are using Oracle Server 7.3, you can use standby databases which is originally for diaster recovery. Alternatively, you can refer to the Enterprise Manager.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San
Title  : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council
         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841