Re: ANALYZE %

From: Bard <bwskiles_at_adpc.purdue.edu>
Date: 1996/12/24

> > Does anybody understand why I am seeing no change in the ALL_TABLES,
> > DBA_TABLES... for the analyze sample 70 percent option of
> > when I query these tables for small databases.

I just noticed this thread, so I apologize if someone else has pointed this out already. If you are indeed analyzing small tables, then Oracle may be ignoring your estimate command. If Oracle detects that the time saved between estimating a statistic and computing it exactly is minimal, Oracle computes the statistic exactly.

--brad Received on Tue Dec 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CST