Re: Designer 2000 Books/Reference Material

From: Tony Ziemba <tziemba_at_mail.idt.net>
Date: 1996/12/20

Rob Carey wrote:

> What documentation do you Designer 2000 folks use?

There are two Designer/2000 books that I consider required reading for all my developers using des2k. They both have the same title:

Oracle Designer/2000 Handbook, Paul Dorsey & Peter Koletzke (Oracle Press) This book is more methodology driven in its approach.

The Oracle Designer/2000 Handbook, Carrie Anderson & David Wendelken (Addison Wesley) This book takes a more down in the trenches approach.

I have suggested that all my developers read the Dorsey/Koletzke book to find out what they should be doing and the Anderson/Wendelken book to find out the nuts and bolts of how to do it.

There is also another title from Addison Wesley called Rapid Application Development with Oracle Designer/2000 by Chris Billings, Maria Billings & Julia Tower that takes a workshop approach to using des2k.

tz

--
Tony Ziemba
Strategic Architect	tziemba_at_corp.idt.net