Shared object libraries, where can I get them ?

From: Atif Ahmad Khan <aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: 1996/12/19

I have Solaris X86 2.5.1 and Oracle 7.3.2.1.

I am writing some basic C++ programs using the provided libraries and the binaries are HUUGE. Since the application I am working on is a web application, it is critical that the system is able to immediately load these programs and return results without having to make the user wait a very long time. Binaires that are 5-10MB for programs that are doing very simple and basic stuff is not going to work well ofcourse in such an enviroment. I was told that I can get shared object libraries that will help quite a bit.

I need to know, who do I need to call and ask for what ? Or is it something that I can download ?

Thanks very much.

Atif Khan
aak2_at_ra.msstate.edu Received on Thu Dec 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CST