Copying a Package from with a Stored Procedure

From: Justin Fidler <justin_at_club.cc.cmu.edu>
Date: 1996/12/19

Is there an easy way to copy a package body and spec, from within a stored procedure (i.e., without using SQL*Plus, etc.)? I can get the source from the data dictionary views, but how do I pass it to the compiler to compile it as a package? Can I just insert into the data dictionary?

My ultimate goal is to have a stored procedure that will copy all the packages owned by another user into my own schema, so I can mess around with them without damaging production code. I want this to be an automated process entirely within the datbase, so I can perform the transfer on a routine basis, based on certain events.

Thanks,
Justin Fidler
justin+@cmu.edu / justin_at_intraactive.com Received on Thu Dec 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CST