Re: execute privileges error

From: Ed Bruce <Ed.Bruce_at_ha.hac.com>
Date: 1996/12/19

Finn Elleb=E6k Nielsen wrote:
> =

> Thomas J. Kyte wrote:
> >
> > The user system gets it's ability to drop users via the DBA role. Si=
 nce roles
> > are never enabled when a stored procedure executes, SYSTEM doesn't ha=
 ve the
> > ability to drop the user. You need to grant drop user to system firs=
 t.
> =

> I don't think it's a case about privileges on the drop, but privileges =
 on doing
> dynamic DDL as the following case illustrates:
> =

> - The user has DBA rights.
> - Can create other users and drop them directly, but not from dynamic D=
 DL.
> - What's wrong here?
> =

> SQL> select *
> 2 from session_roles;
> =

> ROLE
> CONNECT
> RESOURCE
> DBA
> EXP_FULL_DATABASE
> IMP_FULL_DATABASE
Re-read Thomas' first line. Roles are NEVER enabled when a stored procedure executes. The user that creates a stored procedure that needs a specific privilege must have it granted explicitly, not through a Role.

Ed Bruce
<Bruce_at_ha.hac.com>
<ebruce_at_iquest.com> Received on Thu Dec 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CST