Re: automated table upgrade, how?

From: Peter H. Larsen <petlars_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1996/12/18

Jussi-Pekka Sairanen <sairanen_at_research.nokia.com> wrote in article <32B528AE.197C_at_research.nokia.com>...
> The idea is that there'd be some sort of a script that automatically
> handles the creation of a new database based on the old one. Ideally
> this script could be reused in version upgrades to come.
>
> Can this procedure be automated easily? What sort of errors could there
> happen and how could they be managed?

What's wrong with IMP/EXP ?? This is the "official" way to upgrade the core-system, and I've often used them to copy a test-system to the production-environment at a customer.

--
// Complete Data Service
// Peter H. Larsen