Re: Financials Vendor Load Problem on Prod 14 SC

From: Spencer H. Moore <smoore_at_teleport.com>
Date: 1996/12/17

On 16 Dec 1996, it was written:

> Since we upgraded to Prod 14 SC version of the Gov't Financials Payables/Purchasing
> modules, I have been having a vendor load problem. The tables (po_vendors,
> po_vendor_sites) load, but if I try to modify anything in the online form, I get a
> FRM-40654 error (record has been updated. Requery block to see change), which
> doesn't make any sense as I am the only one accessing the data. If I switch over
> to character mode, update anything in the record, and then return to GUI mode,
> the error disappears.
> Apparently, we are not the only client site having this problem, but cannot log a
> TAR because Oracle doesn't support direct load of the vendor tables.
> We are using version 7.1.6 of the database on AIX and 10.6.1. SC14 of the apps.
> Any help would be appreciated. I can be emailed directly at tlberukoff.boco.co.gov

Try trimming all trailing blanks off of the data you're loading into the vendor tables. A function called by the Financials form is trimming the blanks behind the scenes, thus giving the error message when you try to update a column.

Can you let us know how it works? I would've emailed you but your address was invalid.

Spencer Moore, President
Cascade Open Systems Development, Inc.
smoore_at_cosdi.com
voice: (503)281-8358 Received on Tue Dec 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CST