Re: end-of-file on communication channel

From: Jared Hecker <jared_at_planet.net>
Date: 1996/12/17

It means you lost your SQL*Net connection.

Regards,
jh

Robert Gordon (rgordon_at_acpub.duke.edu) wrote:
: "Steve Sherman" <scs1_at_mail.idt.net> wrote:

: >Has anyone encountered this message? I suspect it has to do with system
: >resources, but it is not straight forward. I would appreciate any feedback
: >from anyone who has solved this problem

: >Thanks,
: > - Steve Sherman

: I've gotten this using Enterprise Manager GUI applications - SQL
: Worksheet, Schema Manager, Storage Manager, etc. when the connection
: to the instance has been lost for any reason (instance stopped,
: background process failed, (maybe a SQL*NET timeout?). By
: re-establishing the connection (logging back in) the message went
: away.

: - Robert Gordon

--
Jared Hecker              |  ** HWA, Inc. **   Oracle and Sybase
jared_at_hwai.com            |    database architecture and administration