Re: No PUBLIC tables??

From: Peter H. Larsen <petlars_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1996/12/16

Mike Irene <mirene_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote in article <32B381AE.2498_at_ix.netcom.com>...
> How do you prevent a user from seeing PUBLIC tables? Do you create a
> ROLE and revoke privs? Can someone help with the syntax ?
Which tables are you refering to?

Public IS public. Meaning EVERYONE has access. If you don't want something to be public, you must revoke the grant from public, thus giving you the problem of desiding HOW should gain access. That might be desided through roles.

You cannot "revoke" access through roles. Only by revoking the required access, can you remove/disable someone from gaining access to objects.

If you are refering to the systems dictionary, I will STRONGLY recommen, that you keep the system grants as they are. But if you insist, connect as SYSTEM, and revoke the desired objects from public SELECT access.

--
// Complete Data Service
// Peter H. Larsen