Re: SQL*Plus login.sql in other than my current directory?

From: Dave Schweisguth <dcs_at_proton.chem.yale.edu>
Date: 1996/12/16

Robert W. Swisshelm (swisshelm_at_lilly.com) wrote:
: Dave Schweisguth wrote:
: > Can anyone tell me how to tell SQL*Plus that it should look for login.sql
: > (its initialization file) somewhere other than the current directory?
:
: It depends a little on what environment you are running in.

Right; I should have said Solaris 2.5 (Unix), Oracle 7.3.2.3.0.

: UNIX
:
: Define the environment variable ORACLE_PATH to define the
: search path.
:
: ORACLE_PATH=.:${HOME}:$ORACLE_BASE/local/sql
: export ORACLE_PATH

Yes, that's it. Thanks much! It has that quality right answers have of making me feel like an oaf for having not been able to find it myself -- in this case, in the "Administrator's Guide for Unix".

Cheers,

--
| Dave Schweisguth                        For purposes of complying with    |
| dcs_at_proton.chem.yale.edu (MIME OK)      the New Jersey Right to Know Act: |