Q: How to display the Oracle on-line documentation viewer on a PC X-Terminal?

From: Charles Chen <htchen_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/12/14

Hi. I have installed the Oracle on-line documentation viewer that came with Oracle 7.3.2.x on a Sun SPARC 10 running Solaris 2.5.1. The viewer executable file, $ORACLE_HOME/orainst/oradocm, works fine on the SPARC 10. However, I have no success so far in trying to invoke oradocm in a X-Window session on a Micron P133 Intel PC running Hummingbird Exceed 5 and Windows NT 3.51. On the PC with Exceed set to single-window mode, I could establish a x-window session with the SPARC 10 using /usr/openwin/bin/xterm. Then within the session window, I would invoke the OpenLook window manager by typing, /usr/openwin/bin/olwm &, at the command line. But, when oradocm was invoked, I was told that wrong window system and or term type is used. I have tried to set ORACLE_TERM to xsun5 (x-term shell) instead of sun5 (command tool).

I really would appreciate if anyone can respond to this problem promptly.

                                                Sincerely,
                                                Charles Chen
                                                12-11-96
                                                htchen_at_ix.netcom.com