Re: EXCEL files from UNIX O7/Forms 3 ??

From: Timo Nykanen <timo.nykanen_at_avancer.telebox.fi>
Date: 1996/12/14

> Is there a file type we can generate programmatically that won't take weeks to
> learn, and is well-documented somewhere? Will EXCEL handle richtext?? I need to
> be able to include company logos, page headers, etc as well.
>
> Any ideas would be much appreciated. Someone else must have faced this!

Plain text format is simple to produce, but I don't know how to include logos and such. Cells are separated by tab characters, rows by linefeed. Try this: make a sample Excel sheet, save it as text (SAMPLE.TXT) and dump in hexadecimal to see control characters.

Regards,
Timo Received on Sat Dec 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CST