Re: Help: Moving Oracle to a new partition

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <wslun_at_qrcsun.qrc.org>
Date: 1996/12/14

K. Wade Turner wrote:

> I have Oracle 7.2WGS installed on our NetWare server and I would like to
> move the entire Oracle system to a new volume on the server. I know
> that I can use the export tools to export the databases, unfortunately
> to get all user information and everything else I must select FULL
> export mode. This mode will also dump the current partition settings in
> the export file. Does anyone have any migration suggestions or any
> hints on how to do this.

  If a user’s quotas allow it, the user’s tables are imported into the same tablespace from which they were exported. However, if the tablespace no longer exits or the user does not have the necessary quota, the system uses the default tablespace for that user. If the user is unable to access the default tablespace, then the tables cannot be imported. This scenario can be used to move user’s tables form one tablespace to another.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San
Title  : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council
         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841