EXCEL files from UNIX O7/Forms 3 ??

From: Christopher Yearsley <Chris_at_pandion.u-net.com>
Date: 1996/12/13

I've been asked to produce files that mirror the appearance of existing programmatically-genenerated Framemaker reports, except loadable into MS-EXCEL (version 5). Problem is we're using Forms 3 under Sunos 4.1.3.

Is there a file type we can generate programmatically that won't take weeks to learn, and is well-documented somewhere? Will EXCEL handle richtext?? I need to be able to include company logos, page headers, etc as well.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Someone else must have faced this!

--
Chris Yearsley
Chris_at_pandion.u-net.com