Re: BMP to GIF

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/12/13

You should check out Image Alchemy from Handmade Software. This is a program available on many platforms, and can be run as a stand-alone program from UNIX. It's fairly inexpensive (< $1000), and can convert practically any image format to another. It's a pretty impressive piece of software.

What you want to do is extract this LONG RAW into a file, and then run Image Alchemy (or another program) to convert this to a GIF. If you wanted to be able to do all of this in PL/SQL, you could use PLEX to locate the row, extract the column into a file, and then invoke Image Alchemy....all from PL/SQL....hence, it's extremely portable. PLEX is a freeware package, enabling you to run external programs from PL/SQL. You can check it out and download it in the "downloadable utilities" section at http://govt.us.oracle.com.

On Wed, 11 Dec 1996 19:02:30 +0000, Simon Liaw <simonl_at_hk.super.net> wrote:

>i store bmp data in the "long raw" of a table. does any body know how
>to export it and then convert it to gif data.
>
>Thanks.

Joel R. Kallman            See Oracle technology in action!
Oracle Government          http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman_at_us.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Fri Dec 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CST