Re: Problem Connecting from Dev2000 to PO7 on Win 95

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <wslun_at_qrcsun.qrc.org>
Date: 1996/12/12

arunaram_at_aol.com wrote:
> I am able to start the DB. I am also able to access the DB
> thru SQL Plus 3.2 . I am able to run Forms 4.5 demo applications
> that do not access the Oracle DB.
>
> However when I try to run any application that uses any DB objects
> I get ORA-3121 / ORA-12203 error. For some reason Dev 2000 Forms is not
> able to connect to the database.
>
> The only "fishy " thing that we noticed was a warning while
> installation of Dev 2000. It said
>
> "Install Cannot find NSDW.DLL in your path . Make sure one and only
> one NSDW.DLL is available and is in your path. This may cause
> SQL*Net APPC to fail . "
>
> Interested in the following :
> 2. Why am I not able to connect to the Oracle DB from Forms ?

     You have missed the interface driver, probably it is NSDW.DLL

> 4. Is there a separate version of Dev 2000 for Win 95 ?

     There is a Developer 2000 for Windows 3.1 and another one for Windows 95 and Windows NT.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San
Title  : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council
         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841