How to add and populate a new column?

From: Z. Martinez <zlm101_at_psu.edu>
Date: 1996/12/10

I need to add a new column, called rank, in a table called customers. The "rank" column depends on another column called quantity. So, the row that has the highest "quantity" value gets a "rank" value of 1, and the lowest quantity value gets the last rank.

Can anybody tell me how to add the new column and populate it.

Thank you for any information

Please reply to zlm101_at_psu.edu Received on Tue Dec 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CST