Host of Errors During Large Upload

From: Gene Hubert <ghubert_at_acpub.duke.edu>
Date: 1996/12/09

Hi,

I'm running Oracle 7.2 under NT 3.51. I'm currently in test mode but am working up to the real thing. I have two instances running with 64M memory on the server.

My db is in ARCHIVELOG mode with automatic archiving enabled. I have 8, 200K log files set up with only 1 member in each log group.

During a large upload of @150 Meg., I got a bunch of warnings/errors in my alert file.

The primary Oracle messages were 00255 and 00286 which are something like "error during archiving" and "no members available or none with valid data".

I would also occasionally get these lines added to the alert file:   Thread 1 cannot allocate new log, sequence xxx

  Checkpoint not complete

  Archiver process freed from errors. No longer stopped.

  ARCH: Archival stopped, error occurred. Will continue retrying

During the upload, the disk I was writing to nearly ran out of space and would have if I had not deleted some files.

I'm completely baffled. I assume these are serious problems and must be resolved. I could not see any clear pattern to the various errors and warning that were written to the alert file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gene hubert Received on Mon Dec 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CST