Re: Oracle Naming Conventions. What is it?

From: Richard Cross <rmcross_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1996/12/07

You might be referring to Oracle's OFA or "Optimal Flexible Architecture." This is a complete specification for directory structures and file naming standards. It is described in detail in various Oracle publications, including the RDBMS installation manual.

I highly recommend it. It provides a usable approach whether you have one database on a PC or dozens of databases on various machines, even including how to structure it when you have multiple versions of the database software.

Hope this helps.

rmcross_at_wordnet.att.net

troy_at_rdstasks.com wrote in article <58783l$et1_at_lana.zippo.com>...