Re: Number of users in Oracle?

From: Marek Wiechula and Sheila Plant <sparemgw_at_batelco.com.bh>
Date: 1996/12/06

Do you run a listener? Can users connect to the database through SQLNET in a client/server mode? Did all your users log off cleanly without leaving anything behind?

The V$SESSION holds the names of the sessions. You could look at it more closely to see where your session count is coming from.

column timex format a16
select a.username, to_char(b.timestamp, 'yymmdd hh24:mi:ss') timex,   a.audsid
  from v$session a, dba_audit_session b   where a.audsid = b.sessionid
    and a.audsid <> 0 ;

Maybe that will give you the extra information you need to see what's going on.

Marek