How to implment single sign-on?

From: Bob Yeh <ryeh_at_juno.com>
Date: 1996/12/05

Hi,

We are developing an application and one of the requirement is single sign-on. Once the user login the unix box, he/she should not be requirement to enter user name and password again to use the database. Is using ops$ still a secured method? I don't like to use just one userid to access the database(no way to do auditing) and I have to hide the password somewhere. Any suggestion?

Bob Received on Thu Dec 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CST