Re: trigger and V$ tables

From: John Hough <q6y_at_ornl.gov>
Date: 1996/12/05

maja_at_laetitia.inria.fr (Maja Matulovic) wrote:

>--
>Hello,
>
>I would like to know if anyone tried to declare a trigger on V$<table_name>
>
>Thanks
>
>Maja Matulovic

Maja:

Yes I have triggers that retrieve data from v$ tables. Although you didn't say i expect you are having problems with doing this. The problem is usually that the person creating the trigger has been granted read access to the view via a role. Grant your developers select access on these views and then you will be able to create your triggers.

Hope this helps,

John Hough Received on Thu Dec 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CST