Re: Oraperl Question

From: Steve_Kilbane <steve_at_phantom.cegelecproj.co.uk>
Date: 1996/12/05

In article <585449$nus_at_newsserv.cs.sunysb.edu>, kkreeger_at_cs.sunysb.edu (kevin kreeger) writes:
> I hope this is the right forum for this..

It's ok. You might like to try the DBI mailing list, mentioned in the DBI and DBD docs.

I'm assuming, BTW, that you're using the Oraperl emulation on top of DBI and DBD::Oracle for Perl 5. If not, you should be.

> Tests I have done
> show that it takes about 2-3 minutes to run the "ora_login"

More recent releases of DBD::Oracle include hints in the documentation (probably the README) for this problem. Try the suggestions there. If your DBD docs don't mention anything like this, try upgrading.

steve

--
<Steve_Kilbane_at_cegelecproj.co.uk>
ISPs are responsible for maintaining the Information Superhighway. They