Re: Oraperl Question

From: John D Groenveld <groenvel_at_jovial.cse.psu.edu>
Date: 1996/12/05

In article <585449$nus_at_newsserv.cs.sunysb.edu>, kevin kreeger <kkreeger_at_cs.sunysb.edu> wrote:
>it and it seems so slow. Tests I have done
>show that it takes about 2-3 minutes to run the "ora_login"
What version of DBI/DBD-Oracle and Oracle Server are you running? 2-3 minutes smell more like an Oracle problem. Does Sqlplus exhibit this problem?

Now, if you take a look at the archive of the dbi-users maillist, you should find some sample code for creating a Web-Oracle daemon which holds open a connection to the database and accepts SQL statements from your CGI. Also you can look at the mod_perl module for embedding the Perl executable into you httpd.
John
groenvel_at_cse.psu.edu Received on Thu Dec 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CST