Re: Listing all Oracle instances in UNIX

From: janet <janet_at_telesph.com>
Date: 1996/12/04

Hi George, Gary, Mark, Steve!

     Thanks for your responses, but actually what I wanted was all instances, running or not.

     Gary, you mentioned "manual creation" being done "without care for auto startp" - that's probably exactly what I'm doing! What I did was create an instance to upgrade in by typing ORACLE_SID=upgr and I was just looking for a way to find out if I had done this already, with a different SID name. What is the proper way to create an instance? and is it too late?

Thanks!
janet