Starting an Oracle 6 Db under Windows 95 -- EMM386 parameters

From: Jake Gibbons <jake.gibbons_at_ec.gc.ca>
Date: 1996/12/03

Hi,

Is there anyone out there that successfully runs Oracle 6 on a windows 95 box.

I have an Oracle 6 Database that I want to access through ODBC. First though I have to get Oracle running. I think I need to set up EMM386 properly.

I have 24M Ram. I think this should be sufficient to get both running (?).

I start Oracle this way:

>sqlpme
>oracle6
>sqldba startup

This works.

When I try to start Windows memory errors.

Email jake.gibbons_at_ec.gc.ca

Thanks,
Jake Received on Tue Dec 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CST