Re: Newbie - Database going down alot

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/12/03

The first place I would take a look is in the alert file for this database.  This should hopefully tell you what is corrupting your instance. If that doesn't give you any help, your next bet might be to turn tracing on via the SQL_TRACE parameter in your pfile, and then examine that output.

If you can reduce this problem to the attempted execution of a particular DML statement, this will give you less data to wade through.

Joel

--
Joel R. Kallman		See Oracle products in action!!  http://govt.us.oracle.com
Oracle Government

Kochis <djkochis_at_sgi.net> wrote in article
<01bbdc62$b09e7120$61b597ce_at_orion.sgi.net.sgi.net>...

> I have an instance using Oracle 7.1 Workgroup server running on Windows
NT