Re: Stored Procedures

From: Darren Earl <darren_at_earld.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/12/02

David, I think that the problem may be that the SELECT statement requires a INTO clause to function when it is used within a PL/SQL block, however this would only work if you knew that the query would only return 1 row otherwise you would get a TOO_MANY_ROWS exception. If the query returns more than 1 row you may have to look into using explicit CURSORS (if your writing PL/SQL packages or procedure) or if the data is required in a Forms application investigate using record groups which function in a similar manner to arrays.

Best of luck

Darren Earl.