Re: Converting LONG to LONG RAW possible?

From: Rune Lysbakken <runel_at_sn.no>
Date: 1996/11/29

Paul.Stradling_at_ait.co.uk (Paul Stradling) wrote:

>Is there an easy way to take data from a LONG column and put it into a
>LONG RAW column?
>
>We have about 800Mb of image data which was erroneously stored as LONG
>data where LONG RAW is more appropriate.
>
>TIA
>
>Paul Stradling
>
>Paul.Stradling_at_ait.co.uk
>--

I have not found an easy way of doing this. I would probably have written a OCI-program in C that moves the data from one table to a new one with the column defined as long raw. Another possibility for me is to use a program called QBE from a Norwegian firm called SYSDOC. With QBE I can easily (I think) write a program that makes the move. In both cases I have to define a new table with the column defined as long raw. That means that I must have disk space for 2*800MB data.

I have not asked Oracle about this, they should have seen this problem before, and I,m sure that they are willing to sell you (expensive) help!

Rune Received on Fri Nov 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CST