Re: PL/SQL procedure problem

From: Jill Stephenson <jill_at_tortuga.com.au>
Date: 1996/11/29

Gary G (ggorbon1_at_swarthmore.edu) wrote:
: I have tried to create a procedure, and can't seem to be able to compile
: it. At this point I've tried just about everything, and not sure if I'm
: missing an obvious error in script, or the problem is at the back end. Here
: is a bare bones version of the needed procedure:
:
: CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE label AS
:
: CURSOR c1 IS SELECT apbcons_addr_name,
: from apbcons;
:
: BEGIN
: FOR c1rec IN c1 LOOP
: INSERT INTO label_run (name)
: VALUES (c1rec.apbcons_addr_name);
: END c1;

try this ...

     END LOOP;
: END;
: /
:
: -- and this is the message I get at SQL prompt
:
: >Warning: Procedure created with compilation errors.
:
: real: 160
: Input truncated to 24 characters
:
:
: Any thoughts on this matter?
: Thanks
: Gary
:

| Jill Stephenson - Tortuga Technologies Pty Ltd |
| 36 Alderley Avenue, Alderley QLD 4051          |
| Phone: (07) 3356 3076                          |
| Email: jill_at_tortuga.com.au                     |