Re: Shell Scripts/PW Security

From: Mike Rife <rife_at_moffitt.usf.edu>
Date: 1996/11/27

That is true if the users have the MEM privilege. MEM allows users to see the processes of other users. To secure this hole, at a previous employer we created our Unix accounts without the MEM privilege. All the users could see with the ps -ef command is there own processes! This was on SCO Unix. Other Unix versions may be different.

In article <329BC09A.7FA8_at_deere.com>, jh33378_at_deere.com says...