Re: set transaction use rollback seg

From: Sylvie Berube <sberube_at_cam.org>
Date: 1996/11/27

Frank Graziano Jr. wrote:

> Has anyone ever had problems when using
> SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT command.
>
> It seems that when we run COBOL programs with embedded sql and use this
> command after every commit the job/transaction does not use the rollback
> segment it is assigned.
>
> Frank

Frank,

A COMMIT statement (or ROLLBACK) signals the end of your transaction. As the SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT is good only for one transaction, Oracle reacts in the expected way and starts again assigning the first available rollback segment after the COMMIT.

Reissue the same SET TRANSACTION USE... before any SQL statement finished by COMMIT or ROLLBACK.

Sylvie Bérubé
sberube_at_aircanada.ca Received on Wed Nov 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CST