Help: Oracle beginner needs a Good intro book

From: zizi zhao <ziziz_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1996/11/21

I have just bought PO7/NT and an Oracle book "Oracle: A Beginner's guide". This book is not for me ;< its really for pre-beginners. In the whole chap 13, it only tells you how to "startup" and "shutdown".

I need a book to tell me:

  1. first, how to start building a real database
	create database
	create tablespace
	create talbe
	insert ...

   and view the database using SQL*PLUS, SQLDBA and SVRMGR step    by step.

   I prefer to use SQL programming rather than PO7 Nevigator to    build a database because it is more universal not just tied    on a certain platform.

2. then, learn little bit advanced SQL*PLUS programming, SQLDBA

   and PL/SQL.

Suppose I have known mini-SQL(mSQL), which books are good for me to learn Oracle?

BTW, in MSQL after I connect to local host and create a database, table, insert data, I could see the database files lying somewhere in /usr/local/Minerva. But, in Personal Oracle 7, I have been totally lost.

Thanks in advance,

ZiZi Received on Thu Nov 21 1996 - 00:00:00 CST