ODBC Problems with Oracle ODBC driver

From: Martin Bell <Martin.Bell_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 1996/11/20

Hi,

Ive got a problem which is now getting on my nerves as I have tried everything I can think of. I am trying to get the Oracle ODBC driver and SQL*Net to work on an NT 3.51 workstation connecting to a database on a HP-UX 700 running Oracle 7.2.3. The listener (called LISTENER) on the server is started using port 1526.

I can get the Intersolve ODBC driver (from Crystal Reports) to connect and retrieve data using the ODBC test facility, and tnsping works .
The ODBC driver is SQ032_72.DLL version 1.13.0500 dated 22/05/96

The tail of the trace file is:

Found PREFERRED_CMANAGER data
Local Navigation option is disabled, will not contact Navigator. Hst is already an NVstring.
Inserting CID.
-<ERROR>- Couldn't connect, returning 12154

If anyone has any ideas or solutions let me know.

Martin Bell Received on Wed Nov 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CST