Know of a Good DB College Textbook to use with Oracle?

From: Mary K. Jones <mkj_at_fc.hp.com>
Date: 1996/11/19

Trying our best to keep the skills of the work force relevant....

My husband is teaching a college level Database class and wants to use Oracle for class assignments. He is looking for a good college textbook to use that will work well with Oracle. He was even considering using the manual :-), but would then have to come up with all of the homework assignments, and chapter summaries himself.

He'll probably find something suitable on his own, but I thought I'd ask this group for any recommendations. Last year he just used Date's recent edition (4 I believe) of his Database book by Addison & Wesley, but found it overkill in the relational math area (which doesn't seem to get used all that much commercially), and lacking in the SQL language and design area (which is a must commercially).

Please email me directly any responses to this, as I bet there aren't a whole lot of other folks out there in this same situation, plus I don't get to read this notes group every day so I might miss your valuable response.

Thank You!

           /
   ,____ / ,

   / / / /--'   *           Mary K. Jones                /\  /\
  / / / / \    /       Hewlett Packard Company          /  \/  \/\
 /   /_/   \_ /_        Ft. Collins, Colorado          /   /    \ \
             /
           -'

mkj_at_fc.hp.com PHONE:(970)229-6249 FAX:(970)229-6318 MS 74 - 1UG8

The above is my personal opinion, and not necessarily HP's opinion.