Conversion of Foxpro2.6 database app to Oracle (developer 2000)

From: Carol Dayton x2940 <cdayton_at_harris.com>
Date: 1996/11/19

Here's the scoop:
We have a large number of small databases implemented by the various deprtments in this Division. Our mission critical databases are Oracle 7.1x apps on VMS. We now have some users interested in re-coding their FoxPro apps to Oracle for various reasons.... Fortunately, the E/R relationships are well documented, so table design should not be a major factor. Our major unknown is Developer 2000. Anyone have tips for conversions? How bout estimates on coding forms 4.5? Presently we are using character mode, forms 3.0 on the Vax, so estimating development / prototype development costs is difficult. We have windows 3.1, 3.11 and Win 95 users .. My goal is to sell management on transfer of VMS ops to either NT or Unix, and they've handed me the opportunity to prove the concept..... Tips? Traps? Thanks. Email me at either cdayton_at_harris.com or cdayton_at_iu.net Received on Tue Nov 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CST