Re: Logon procedure in Oracle Forms 4.5

From: Miles Thomas <thomasm_at_logica.com>
Date: 1996/11/19

In article <b107cc$122126.1b7_at_NEWS>,

   lcunning_at_linknet.net (Lewis Cunningham) wrote:

[snip]
>>Note that the above code work alright in forms 4.0. But when I ported the
>>code to run in forms 4.5, problems come. If I type a wrong username or
>>password, then I am remain in my_logon_screen. Afterwards, I type a right
>>one and I am virtually logon successfully. Unfortunately, if the program
>>run to a sentence that request data from database, Application error saying
>>: F45RUN caused a General Protection Fault in module PLR1171W.DLL at

I've had the same problem. Its a known bug of Oracle Forms 4.5.6, apparently fixed in 4.5.7. Unfortunately, the Windows 3 version was supposed to be shipping by now, but there's been a delay. And no work-around.....

Best thing that I can figure to do is write a Pro*C or VB/ODBC front end to the application, which tests the user's password, and then calls f45run with un/pw string. Received on Tue Nov 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CST