Arrays iin PL/SQL

From: EDB <edbis_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1996/11/16

Hi,

I'm writing a PL/SQL program and would like to know if there's anyway of using an array concept in PL/SQL just like in other lang. If yes, how to do that? Can I also do such thing in PL/SQL, e.g.

     variable1, variable2, variable3 , ...etc is variables defined as varchar.

in my PL/SQL pgm, can I have such code?

          For T in 1 .. 3 loop

                    tmp :=  'variable' || T;
                    test := tmp;

          end loop;

would like tmp to refer to the variable, i.e. variable1, variable2,etc. How can I do that in PL/SQL?

Appreciate your help.

TIA .... Mun Kong Received on Sat Nov 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CST