Logon procedure in Oracle Forms 4.5

From: Horace Kwong <wskwong_at_hkusua.hku.hk>
Date: 1996/11/14

I have a problem when overriding the default logon screen by using my own logon screen. Please see the following code:

/* on-logon trigger */

if :logon.bypass_logon is not null then
  logon(:logon.username, :logon.password || '@t:xxxxxx:xxx');   if not form_success then
    raise form_trigger_failure;
  end if;
end if;
/* end of on-logon trigger */

/* when-new-form-instance trigger */

:logon.bypass_logon := 'F';
:global.logon_failure := 0;
show_my_logon_screen;

/* end of when-new_form_instance trigger */

/* when-button-pressed trigger for the OK button in the my_logon_screen */
execute_trigger('ON-LOGON');
if form_success then
  hide_my_logon_screen;
  message('You logon successfully');
  continue ....
elsif :global.logon_failure = 2 then
  exit_form(no_validate);
else
  :global.logon_failure := :global.logon_failure + 1;   message('Incorrect username or password. Please try again');   remain in my_logon_screen;
end if;
/* end of when-button-pressed trigger */

Note that the above code work alright in forms 4.0. But when I ported the code to run in forms 4.5, problems come. If I type a wrong username or password, then I am remain in my_logon_screen. Afterwards, I type a right one and I am virtually logon successfully. Unfortunately, if the program run to a sentence that request data from database, Application error saying : F45RUN caused a General Protection Fault in module PLR1171W.DLL at 0003:CF58.

However, if I can type the correct username and password the first time, everything works alright.

Do any of you know what's happening?

Best Regards,
Horace Kwong Received on Thu Nov 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CST