PSDI Maximo (SQLW5) to Oracle WGS 7.3 NT?

From: Lee <lthomisn_at_alaska.net>
Date: 1996/11/14

Trying to connect a product called Maximo from Project Software Development Inc to Oracle Workgroup Server for NT. No matter what we do the dreaded 03121 error is the only response. PSDI' adamant response is the 'Oracle problem' parrot call. Can't get past Terminal Hold with Oracle.

Little of our sanity remains. The situation is grim. People glance furtively at us, talking among themselves in hushed whispers, then quickly pass us by with sad shakes of their heads. The Big Guys in White Coats had to take Prescott away yesterday, his maniacal laughter filling us with dread before it subsided to whimpering. For Murphy's sake, please help us. Before they have to take any more of us...

Here's the setup:

Network is an ethernet 10BaseT.

Fileservers are Novell 3.12, but they aren't used for this application.

Protocol used for Maximo here is TCP/IP.

DATASERVER:
Windows NT 3.51 Server (no fixpaks installed yet) Oracle workgroup server for NT ver 7.3.2.1.1

CLIENT:
Windows NT Workstation 4 (fixpak 1)
SQLNET ver 2.3.2.1.3 installed off the Oracle Server CD Required Oracle Support Files 7.3.2.1.0 also off the Oracle

            Server CD( I'm not sure if these are
            on the client or server or both, so I put them here)
PSDI Maximo, written in Gupta SQLWindows 5.0.3

I've gone into REGEDT32 on the client and added the

ORAOCI REG_SZ C:\ORANT\BIN\ORA73.DLL

Here's the path on the client:

Path=C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\MAXRTR;C:\MAXIMO;C:\ORA NT\BIN;C:\ORAWIN\BIN;

Here is the LISTENER.ORA on the server:

################
# Filename......: listener.ora
# Node..........: local.world

# Date..........: 24-MAY-94 13:23:20
################

LISTENER =
  (ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS=

(PROTOCOL= IPC)
(KEY= oracle.world)
) (ADDRESS=
(PROTOCOL= IPC)
(KEY= ORCL)
) (ADDRESS=
(COMMUNITY= NMP.world)
(PROTOCOL= NMP)
(SERVER= LTA-MAIN)
(PIPE= ORAPIPE)
) (ADDRESS=
(COMMUNITY= TCP.world)
(PROTOCOL= TCP)
(Host= lta-main)
(Port= 1521)
) (ADDRESS=
(COMMUNITY= TCP.world)
(PROTOCOL= TCP)
(Host= lta-main)
(Port= 1526)
)

  )
STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_LISTENER = 0
CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER = 10
TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER = ADMIN
SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
      (SID_NAME = ORCL)
    )
  )
PASSWORDS_LISTENER = (oracle)

Here is the TNSNAMES.ORA on the client:

Tcp-loopback.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS =

(COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = 127.0.0.1)
(Port = 1521)
)

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = ORCL)
    )
  )
Maximo.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS =

(COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = LTA-MAIN)
(Port = 1521)
) (ADDRESS =
(COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = LTA-MAIN)
(Port = 1526)
)

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = ORCL)
    )
  )

Here is the C:\MAXRTR\SQL.INI on the client:

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------
; SECTION: Client workstation sections (Windows, OS/2, NetWare, NT).
;-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[winclient]

;
;   Windows
;
; Use this section to specify Windows client workstation parameters
that are
; independent of the communications protocol(s) being used.
;
; PSDI added the connecttimeout, retry, and debug options.  Oracle
connections
; are much faster if these options are present. ;
clientname=$wkstname$
connecttimeout=1
retry=1
debug=1

[winclient.dll]
;
; This section is for the Windows client workstations. Here you will specify
; the COMmunication DLL(s) that the Windows application(s) intend to use. Use
; "sqldbw" for the LOCAL single-user database engine (dbwindow.exe), "sqlwsv"
; for the LOCAL multi-tasking database engine (dbwservr.exe), "sqlnbiow" to
; access a REMOTE database using NetBios, "sqlspxw" from a Netware 3.11
; client or "sqlspxw4" from a Netware 4.x client to access a REMOTE SQLBase
; database using SPX communications or "sqlwsock" from a client using Windows
; Sockets and TCP/IP interface to access a REMOTE Windows NT server or

; "sqltifsw" to access a REMOTE database server using TCP/IP communications
; from FTP Software, "sqltipcw" to access a REMOTE database server using
; PC/NFS communications or "sqltinvw" to access a REMOTE database server

; using TCP/IP communications from Novell.
; Uncomment the COMmunication DLL(s) that the application(s) will use.
;
;comdll=sqldbw
;comdll=sqlwsv
;comdll=sqlnbiow