Newbie -- How to get started???

From: Greg Macaulay <gmac115_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/11/14

Hi all,

I am an attorney (20 years) who is retraining for a second career in the field of programming. Right now, I am taking C Programming at a local community college outside Washington, D.C. I am interested in learning (among other languages) Oracle. However, I am at a loss as how to get started. Any suggestions?? Also, assuming I work diligently (as I have as an attorney) how long a period of time is it reasonable for me to study before I can get a job using my Oracle studies?

Also, it has been suggested that the volume "Oracle Unleashed" which has a modified version of Oracle included is the best book to study from. Any comments?

I would appreciate any assistance, advice, comments or criticisms that might be offered to assist me.

Thanks in advance to all,

Gregory Macaulay
gmac115_at_ix.netcom.com Received on Thu Nov 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CST