Re: Oracle Open World Opinions?

From: Larry Fishman <larryf_at_teleport.com>
Date: 1996/11/13

Douglas Scott (dsscott_at_gte.net) wrote:
: I just got back from Oracle Open World in San Francisco and would be
: interested in what other attendees thought of the conference. This was
: the first one I had been to and I was a little disappointed that there
: wasn't more technical information available. Other people I have talked
: to said that IOUW usually has more technical info. This year the
: proceedings came on CD-ROM (I've seen previous years and was glad I
: didn't have to lug them home) and I haven't had a chance to look at them
: yet, but some people at the conference said not all the papers are on
: the CD-ROM. If this is true does anyone know where to get the rest?

: Overall I was still glad I went, but I think IOUW should stay seperated
: from Oracle's commercial campaigns (Oracle Open World).

: Douglas Scott
: dsscott_at_gte.net

Hi,

I have not been to this conference since the last time it was in Moscone (2 years ago) and I was disappointed for the following reasons:

I believe that this conference has gotten beyond critical mass. Just too many people attend it. If there was some logical way for it to happen more often or limit the attendees I think it would be more valuable. (limiting the number of attendees probably is not the solution. it was called 'open world')

cheers,

Larry. Received on Wed Nov 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CST